The Robcomkit, sometimes called a robocom kit, is a specialized assortment of tools used by Robotics and Computer Specialists, for servicing robots and computers on the field. It weighs between 10 and 15 kg, depending on model, and like the techkit, is designed to be carried in a backpack.
A fully-stocked standard Robcom kit costs 500 Cr.
A standard robcomkit contains the following:
- Breadboard circuits — 5 standard boards for mounting robot circuitry
- Calipers — capable of taking measurements as small as .001 mm
- Components — box of transistors, diodes and computer chips for robot circuits
- Demagnetizer — electrical tool to demagnetize fouled circuits
- Electrodriver — rotates all shapes and size of screws and bolts
- Electrosnips — powered metal-cutting shears (sheet metal only)
- Insulated wire — 10 meters
- lon Bonding Tape — 10 cm wide x 5 m long, bonds directly to any metal
- Lasoldering iron — pen-sized laser soldering iron
- Magnetic by-pass clips — 10 small connectors used to short-circuit wiring
- Miniature flashlight — 20 hours of light; magnetized handle
- Needlenose pliers — similar to 20th century tool
- Oscilloscope — miniaturized viewer which displays information on electrical flow and other aspects of circuitry
- Spray cleaner — spray solvent to remove dirt from the robot's works; 10 applications
- Spray lubricant — 10 applications of pressurized synthoil
- Spray waterproofing — will insulate circuits, cloth, etc., from moisture; five applications
- Sonic Scalpel — tool for cutting plastic, metal or flesh; makes a smooth, bloodless incision up to 5 mm deep
- Solder — 1-meter roll of conductive soft metal
Expendable components are restocked as part of normal character expenses and upkeep.
- Source: Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn: Expanded Rulebook
- ↑ The description notes 15kg, while the cost/weight tables notes 10kg.